Monday, June 27, 2016

Greenhouse in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin With Erin



                                                                 June 13: Greenhouse


   We knew someone who worked at Christenson Floral, a greenhouse/store near Chippewa Falls in Wisconsin.  His name is Sean Christenson, and he is the husband of my dad's niece, Angie.


He gave us a tour of the six sections of the greenhouse. We learned that the important parts of the flower are the Pistil &  Stamen.   The Stamen is the male part of the plant and the Pistil is the female part of a plant. Without both of them, there would be no seed. Without the seed, there is no plant.





     Genevieve and Abram,  Sean and Angie's kids, were also with us. Abram was pretty much telling the whole tour even though he was younger than me. Gen kept distracting me with flowers and leaves.

Then we saw some rocks split in half called geos. They looked like crystals inside! It was incredible. I learned about geos in fourth grade! We saw a rock cutter that was pretty big.

Before I end this blog, I'll be starting shout-outs when I finally the posts and comments you've been leaving. Well, thanks for reading and stay tuned for my next blog! Make sure to enter your email address on the front page of the blog in the upper right hand corner to subscribe.







No comments:

Post a Comment