Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Short Fable

This is a homework assignment. It was to write a fable.

Once upon a time, there lived a chick named Chip. Chip lived on a small farm with a pig, a cow, and a horse. They all said they were happy, but Chip thought otherwise. He wanted to see what lived beyond the Huntingdale Forest. He grabbed a small seed sack, filled it with food, and went under the fence. He stared at the forest uncertainly. He slowly wandered in, shaking. He saw green eyes staring at him. "PEEP!" He chirped, as he ran hurriedly into a bush. He peeked out, and a wolf lunged at him, missing him narrowly. "What are you doing in my forest?" He growled. "N-nothing...I was just leaving..." Chip squeaked. "No you aren't, you little cutie. My name is Dung. You'll make a perfect snack."  "NO!" Chip shouted as he ran into the forest hurriedly. 'I'm thirsty' He thought. He saw a creek down the hill. 'Yes! Water!' He drank the cool, fresh water. He turned around. "Yip!"
Dung stood towering over him. "You're dead meat, buddy!" He snarled. He grabbed him by the tail and carried him off into the woods. Chip saw another wolf come towards him. "Dung! I told you not to bring live animals to the pups! They get too excited." "Sorry, but this little one is persistent." "Oh, please!" The wolf snorted, "Kip, get off of Tik. Now!" "This chick is different, Marille, believe me." Dung growled. Marille gave him a dirty look. "I'll believe it when I've tried." She slashed at Chip. He squirmed away to narrowly avoid a deadly, sharp claw. "Well, I'll be darned......" "See? Told you!" Dung exclaimed, "This chick might be worth going to Alpha."  Marille nodded. "I have to stay with the pups. You go ahead."
"Alright." Dung walked up the hill. They passed the creek. "This creek was named after our alpha leader, Alpha. It's called Alpha Creek. This hill is Wolf Lodge. We stay here, sheltered by trees in the forest. We talk about what we've hunted, new pups, new wolves, and alpha wolf positions." 
"I had little meetings in my farm, too." "Why did you leave?" "I wanted to explore." "Hmmm." Dung nodded, "I think this is yours." He held out the little bag of seeds. "Yeah, it's mine!" Chip exclaimed, surprised. "My pack moved to this area of the forest because there was more prey and less humans. Last year, over 20 wolves of our pack died because of bullets." Dung sighed. Chip realized they had stopped. Dung slowly trotted back to the den. "Marille." "What?" "I was right. This chick is different. Make a hay bed safe from the pups."  "Er....alright. But why....?" "He needs to stay. Please." "I see." 

Over the years, Chip became friends with the pups and had a great time with Marille and Dung. And they lived happily ever after. The moral of this story is don't judge a book by its cover. 


THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment