Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Vacation At Coconut Bay



Today's blog is about this awesome 9-day vacation that we just took to St. Lucia. St. Lucia is a tropical island in the Caribbean. We stayed at the Coconut Bay Resort & Spa. The reason we went to St. Lucia is because it was my brother Reese's last winter break from college. He graduates in May. It was about a 4 hour long plane ride to get there. I went there with my aunt Amy, my grandma Cherryl, my parents, and my two brothers.

While we were landing, we saw the luscious, green island coming up ahead. It really was stunning.
When we got to the hotel rooms, we saw that we had a view of their mini waterpark. I spent most of my time there playing with Ethan at the lazy river.



The Coconut Bay Resort & Spa is all-inclusive. We went to the buffet for breakfast, had drinks for lunch, and went to a different restaurant every night. We also went to the spa. I got a manicure, pedicure, and a haircut. I didn't expect them to cut it as short as they did! They cut off 8 inches of hair. My mom got a matching haircut because she wanted to support me. :)

We did 5 excursions while we were there. That was a lot to do in 9 days! The first excursion was a Catamaran Snorkeling Adventure. We visited 2 beach stops. I saw tons of cool fish. It was a lot of fun! I swallowed a lot of salt water though. Still, I would definitely do that again. We also ate lunch at  a buffet thing. They had a really cute cat that I spent most of the time with.

Then, we went zip-lining. While we were walking there, there was a snake in the rafters! Yikes! There were 12 courses of the zip-line. It was through a rainforest, which was so green that's most of what you could see. One of the lines was 800 ft. long! I wish that I seen a parrot on the zip-line. They said you could, but that it was rare. 

Next, my grandma, my aunt, my brother and I went shopping as a late Christmas gift. My parents and Reese went separately to look around island. We went to 2 different towns. The major city there was Castries.


The most difficult excursion was a bike ride. It was through the rainforest to a waterfall. It was very pretty. We got to taste some fresh coconut that our guide opened with a rock. Now, the bike ride was very hard. It was really muddy, it was slippery, there were some thin bridges, it was steep, it was just really challenging. Both grandma and Amy fell. But the waterfall was incredible. The photo doesn't do it justice.



The final excursion was a horse-back ride on the beach. That was also really fun! My horse was pretty naughty though. He kept trying to eat the grass. He kept getting really close to the guide as well. Our guide had to push him away with his feet. The horses also got into the water a little bit. They liked the water.

I loved sitting in the hammocks, or chilling in the pool. Overall, St. Lucia was one of the best vacations I've ever had! 








2 comments:

  1. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    UK motorhome rental

    ReplyDelete