Monday, July 18, 2016

Touring The Wisconsin Capitol And Greenhouse With Erin


                                                        Touring the Wisconsin Capitol With Erin

     I went to the Wisconsin capitol with my Aunt Amy, Uncle Tom, Aunt Carol, Aunt Jean, Uncle Ed, Cousin Brenda, my mom, my dad, and Ethan. And me! We went to the Farmer’s Market and I tried on a safety vest and a police helmet. Eventually, it was almost time for the tour.

   If you haven’t heard about “Miss Forward”, she is the golden lady on the capitol. She’s called “Miss Forward” because her hand is pointing out to the U.S. capitol in Washington, D.C. The Wisconsin state animal is the badger, so she has a badger on her head. She is also called “Miss Forward” because “Forward” is the Wisconsin state motto.

   When we went in, it was ten minutes until it was time for the tour.  So Aunt Jean told me to lay on my back and look up. 
I did that and when you looked up, there was the mural about 200 feet up.  After that it was time for the tour. 

The first of three rooms we went to was the Supreme Court. Our tour guide told us that Wisconsin became a territory in 1836.

The first legislature met in the new Capitol in 1838.  They quickly discovered that the building was too small, so they tore it down and built a new, fancier one.  



                                                                 June 13: Greenhouse

   We knew someone who worked at Christenson Floral, a greenhouse/store near Chippewa Falls in Wisconsin.

He gave us a tour of the 6 greenhouses. We learned that the important parts of the flower are the Pistil &  Stamen.


Then we saw some rocks split in half called geos. They looked like crystals inside! It was incredible. I learned about geos in fourth grade. Our next destination had even more crystals!

That's it for this blog but stay tuned for more blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment